Applications are now open for the Loddon Murray Community Leadership Program 2020
Applications must be completed using our on-line application form.
Before you Apply
The 2020 program is set to be amazing, showcasing the Loddon Murray region and beyond, incorporating:
- Launch and Graduation evenings
- 22 Program days
- Study Tour to Canberra
Is LMCLP for you?
- Are you an emerging leader in your local community?
- Are you passionate about developing opportunities to grow business and the regional economy, facilitate social cohesion and sustain the natural environmental assets of our region?
We look for ‘can do’ people who are already involved or would like to become more proactive members of their community or industry. Some may already be on their leadership path, others may not consider themselves ‘leaders’ but will demonstrate leadership qualities. For example, see something that needs to be done, learn how to get involved constructively, and take a lead in making a difference.
We recruit for diversity – we offer the opportunity each year to a balanced and diverse group of people from all walks of life, all ages (from 18 up), representing a broad range of industries including business, agriculture, health and community services, education, government and volunteerism.
We aim for a representative spread of participants from across the 10 shires of our region:
- Swan Hill Rural City Council
- Gannawarra Shire
- Loddon Shire
- Buloke Shire
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Campaspe Shire
- Central Goldfields Shire
- Northern Grampians (part)
- Mount Alexander Shire
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council
This application process is competitive, with a large volume of applications received each year for the 25 places on offer. Applications will be shortlisted prior to interview, meaning not all applicants receive an interview.
Participation fees are structured so that there is an individual and organisational component and tiered to enable a diverse range of people to apply.
Community Organisations (Not for profit with less than 100 staff) $2,200
Participants are asked to make an individual contribution of $330 each.
Some fully funded places are provided through the generous support of our program sponsors, please visit our Scholarships Page for more details.
ALL participants MUST attend all of the mandatory program days, draft dates are listed here:
- 7, 28 & 29th February
- 18th & 19th July
- 13th – 16th September
- 7th & 8th and 20 November
In addition, participants are required to attend a minimum 80% of all other program days.
Participants are required to complete and submit a mid and end of year report. If you receive a scholarship a copy of these reports will go to your scholarship provider, templates and guidance are provided around these reports. Each participant is expected to develop and implement a community project, including completing the LMCLP Project Charter and present you project via a pitch style presentation.
Completing the Application Form
Applications open on September 1 and close on September 30 each year.
Read all the background information carefully and then apply online.
The process for submitting an application involves three steps:
STEP 1 – Read the program and application information
STEP 2 – Complete the online form
STEP 3 – Submit the online form
You need to submit the final application electronically.
The online application process needs to be completed in full, the system will allow you to save your application and return at a later date, however we recommend that you have all the information and enough time to complete all the questions in full.
Applications not completed in full will not be considered.
To assist with your preparation, all the questions on the application form are listed below.
Tip – you can write your responses in a word document and cut and paste into the application if you would like a saved copy.
- Email Address:
- Phone Number:
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander?
- Your Shire
- Primary Producer
Background and Experience
- Present Employer/Organisation (if applicable)
- Job Title
- Briefly describe your roles and responsibilities
- Please list some of your past life experiences and future personal goals. These may be from employment or interesting personal experiences or planned activities.
- What do you like doing, outside of your paid employment?
- What do you feel are the three most significant challenges facing the Loddon Murray Region?
- What are the three most exciting opportunities available to the Loddon Murray Region?
- What is your vision for the region for the year 2025? What part will you have played in the achievement of that vision?
Community Activities and Organisations
- What are your community interests?
- Please list the community organisations that you are currently involved with.
- Please list the community organisations or causes you would like to work with in the future.
- Please outline any ideas that may assist your community? Any project thoughts or suggestions?
- Why are you applying for the program?
- What do you hope to gain from your participation in the program?
- How do you expect your community and the region to benefit from your participation in LMCLP?
- Names and contact numbers of two referees
Participation and Commitment
Successful applicants will be required to commit themselves to full participation in the program, this includes
- Attending at least 80% of all activities
- Completing the required evaluation after each day and
- Completing and reporting on a community project
There is a non-refundable participant fee of:
- Individual participant fee * $ 330 (including GST)
*Payable personally by all individuals
If accepted into the program
- I agree to pay the appropriate fee as my contribution to the program.
- I am committed to attending all the program activities and an absolute minimum of 80%.
- I agree to undertake a community project
You have submitted your application, what now?
The selection panel will review all applications and contact you with further details.